gAtO pLaYiNg with words in Tor– We just simply counted the number of times a word appeared in our search engine by pages- this is something every search engine does but what it gave us was a picture of what Tor really is. It’s not all crime and ugly but information is number one in Tor. Exactly what it’s supposed to be. Tor was created to share information from the table below we see lot’s of stuff inside Tor.
Tor word data points: We put this report together to see what our word count occurrence was, in our crawled data so far. The chart below gives an interesting picture of the Tor data points that it generates.
We are finding that these are the best categories to put our websites into. The words by site occurrence speaks volumes to understand trends in Tor. For example it shows i2p network in Tor 2 notices above drugs in Tor. Because i2p is fast being intwined with Tor to get better anonymity.
- These are real data point based on 3/27/2013-4/3/2013 – this is a live report from our crawls.
- As we crawl and add more data our picture will change as to the landscape of Tor.
- Bitcoins is the fourth most popular word – currency in the Dark Web is number 1
- Bitcoins are above SEX tell us volumes in that bit coins are the normal exchange currency in Tor.
- Fraud and piracy are the lowest were we would except it to be much higher, People trust more in Tor.
This map does tell us that crime is everywhere in Tor at a more alarming rate than we though.
We are doing the same in the e-mail we found in Tor. In the email table is a place where we can get a better picture of emails in the Tor network. Not all of them go to tormail.org as we thought. As mentioned more i2p and connections with other anonymous networks seems to be a trend, as the growth rate of Tor users increase so is the technical base and more sophisticated users will come on board.
Hope this gives you a better picture of Tor. -gAtO oUt